Have you neglected your A/C for the past 6 months? If you have, you’re not alone. Most people don’t think about the condition of their air conditioner until something goes wrong. Without routine maintenance the system will work less efficiently and cost you more money.
Here’s your checklist for annual air conditioner maintenance:
- Refrigerant level – insufficient refrigerant decreases the whole system’s lifespan.
- Drains and drain pans – make sure drains are clean and clear.
- Coils and evaporator units – dirty coils/units put stress on the system.
- Ductwork – assess as needed, when problems arise.
- Air filters
- Electrical controls – check wires and components for damage.
- Fan motor and blower – adjust or replace as needed.
- Moving parts – lubricate parts periodically.
- Run a test of the system – turn it on and see, hear and smell for anything abnormal.
Early spring is the optimal time for a maintenance inspection – call Heatmasters to schedule your appointment.
Courtesy of Networx