When Should You Begin Air Conditioning Maintenance?
To make sure your system is running properly, it’s a great idea to have your heating and cooling systems checked at least once per year.
As temperatures rise around Chicago, homeowners can get a head start on maintenance as soon as early March. Depending on the weather conditions we have in the late winter and early spring, some homeowners might wait to schedule maintenance until June or July, when temperatures start to regularly exceed 80 degrees.
Regardless of when you plan on scheduling annual maintenance for your heating and cooling system, Heatmasters technicians are always ready to help when it’s most convenient for you.
In the meantime, there are several things you can do before scheduling system maintenance with our team. Below we’ve provided a short AC maintenance checklist that can help prolong the life of your system and greatly reduce your chance of needing repairs:
- Changing Your Air Filter – One of the most important HVAC maintenance tasks you can perform as a homeowner involves changing your air filters every 3 to 6 months. Not only can this help improve the air quality in your home but also keep allergens, pet hair and other particles out of your system.
- Grooming Your Pets And Clean Up Excess Hair – By routinely cleaning up pet hair around your home, you’re actually extending the life of your heating and cooling system by a few more years. Brushing, bathing or professionally grooming your pet can also help reduce the amount of excess hair around your home.
- Keeping An Eye On Different Parts Of Your Unit – You don’t need to know everything about your home’s HVAC unit, but it’s a good idea to know where a few key parts are located. Checking on your system’s external parts and electrical connections could help you detect smaller issues before a major AC repair is needed.
- Cleaning Debris Off Your External Unit And Vents – Leaves, snow, ice and patio furniture can prevent your units from working efficiently to cool your home. Make sure your system’s fans, condenser coils, and vents are free of debris before you turn on your system.
The Advantages Of An Annual Air Conditioning Tune-Up
Getting your cooling system maintained each year is similar to an annual check-up at the doctor’s office. At Heatmasters, our HVAC contractors will thoroughly inspect every inch of your unit to ensure that it’s operating as efficiently as possible. Here are just some of the benefits you can expect from regular air conditioning maintenance:
- Extending the life of your AC unit
- Improving its performance and consistency
- Reducing your system’s noise levels
- Decreasing your energy bills
- Preventing costly repairs with early problem detection
- Getting peace of mind in the safety and efficiency of your system
Reduce The Frequency Of Repairs & Lower Your Bills
Over the last 70 years, we have become the go-to for air conditioning maintenance in Chicago while other companies have failed. At Heatmasters, we have extensive experience and a team of qualified technicians to ensure all air conditioner maintenance and repairs are handled with ease.
- The most experienced air conditioner technicians in Chicago
- State-of-the-art technology for inspection, detection, and repair
- Consistent high ratings
- Drug testing and criminal background checks for all technicians
- Licensed, bonded, and insured
- Custom AC maintenance packages available year-round
- On-time services from respectful, friendly technicians
- 10% senior discounts available
- Thorough repair services available 24/7
Heatmaster’s Efficient Air Conditioning Tune-Up in Chicago, Illinois
At Heatmasters, we offer affordable air conditioning maintenance packages to extend your AC’s lifespan, improve its performance, and reduce your utility bills. Whether you’re worried about your family’s comfort or simply want a unit that runs smoothly, we can help with our air conditioner maintenance service in Chicago.
Are you looking for an affordable company to conduct annual AC system maintenance? Contact us at 773-777-5700 to learn more about the packages we have available.