A well-maintained air conditioner offers a variety of benefits, both big and small, in addition to providing comfort in your home:
- Lessens heat fatigue
- Lowers humidity
- Promotes better sleep
- Extends longevity of your A/C unit
- Lowers energy bills
- Decreases energy usage (up to 20-50 percent!)
- Reduces noise from an inefficient system
- Removes airborne allergens
- Reduces dust and mold growth
- Reduces risk of carbon monoxide
- Minimizes fire hazard
So, how can you keep your A/C system maintained?
- Schedule an inspection before each cooling season for professional maintenance.
- Contact a professional HVAC contractor before attempting repairs on your own.
- Check and clean or replace air filters regularly.
- Keep room vents unobstructed.
- Remove any dirt, dust and other debris from your outdoor unit.
- Cover outdoor units when they aren’t being used.
- When your A/C is running, close doors and windows.
- Install storm doors and windows.
- Insulate common air leak areas (attic, chimney, basement, windows, etc.).
Questions about air conditioning installation, repair or maintenance? Contact Heatmasters today at 773-777-5700!
Courtesy of acservicewoodlandhills.com