According to Energy Star, a home with unsealed air leaks in windows and doors is the equivalent of having a window open every day of the year. An investment in proper home insulation is an investment in your family’s comfort all year long. IInsulation keeps outside air out and inside air in, keeping your home at the optimal temperature, and your energy bills at the minimal cost.
What are all the benefits insulation provides?
- Seals any leaks in doors and windows, helping to regulate the temperature inside your home year-round.
- Sealed openings will also lessen unwanted noise outside.
- Helps to keep heating and cooling systems working efficiently, reducing energy bills.
- Keeps outside moisture out, preventing the formation of mold and accumulation of allergens in the air, thus improving indoor air quality.
- Offers better humidity control.
- Provides added fire protection.
- Lowers the chance for ice dams forming on the eaves of your roof in the winter months that can cause significant damage.
Research shows that most homes in the United States have insufficient insulation. Inspect window and door frames for signs of a leak, and consider sealing any that are present. It will save you time and money in the long run, and will ensure you stay cozy in your home any time of the year!