We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: keeping your HVAC system well-maintained will keep it in the best possible working order, saving you money on energy costs and repairs. Maintenance is relatively simple; however, if you need assistance, you can always contact Heatmasters. We can come out to your home or office and make sure everything is functioning properly.
Run through this checklist:
- Tighten electrical cords.
- Check thermostat settings. Keep it at a comfortable temperature while at home, but turn it down or up (depending on the season) when out of the house.
- Lubricate moving parts. Friction makes the system less energy-efficient.
- Check and change air filters. See these directions to learn how.
- Check controls, buttons and switches.
- Clear any drains. If drains under or around the system or clogged, it could cause water damage inside your home.
Before summer arrives, do the following:
- Clean coils for proper airflow.
- Clean the blower to increase A/C effectiveness.
- Check refrigerant.
Before winter arrives, do the following:
- Clean the burner assembly.
- Clean and test the pilot light.
- Check for gas leaks.