2014 is coming to a close, meaning it’s time for you to get working on those New Year’s resolutions! Why not resolve to spend less on heating and energy bills in the upcoming year? Here are some ways you can get started:
- Trust the ENERGY STAR seal on appliances. You could save up to $750 over the lifetime of the products!
- Programmable thermostats save homeowners around 10% a year on heating and cooling costs.
- Take advantage of natural sunlight when you have it. Open curtains on a sunny winter day to allow the sun to heat your home.
- Water heaters account for between 14 and 18% of your utility bills. Keep your water heater at 120 degrees maximum and install low-flow shower heads to reduce energy use.
- Replace commonly used lights with energy-efficient bulbs — you can save $75 a year in energy costs.
- Have your system inspected and maintained annually by a professional contractor.
Good luck with your 2015 resolutions, and happy New Year from Heatmasters!
Courtesy of Energy.gov