The American Residential Services (ARS) has marked Thursday, June 22nd as National HVAC Tech Day to note the efforts and hardwork of the technicians we rely on but often take for granted. Most people don’t think about their air conditioning until it stops working the way it is supposed to, so as the first official week of summer has begun, take a moment to appreciate the HVAC technicians that help keep us cool and comfortable all summer long.
What Do HVAC Technicians Do?
HVAC technicians help to keep us cool in the summer and cozy in the winter. Whether they need to get up to your attic, down to your basement, into a tight crawl space, or fit into some other claustrophobic location, these pros combat the dust, debris, and bugs to find your HVAC unit and make your home as comfortable as possible. HVAC technicians can also help you save money by choosing the most energy-efficient system for your home and your heating and cooling habits.
How You Can Show Your Appreciation
– First and foremost, take care of your HVAC system. Make sure your home is properly insulated and change your air filter when necessary to make your technician’s job a little easier.
– Let your HVAC tech know how much you appreciate them with a handwritten card or thank you note. Being told you’re doing a good job can make anyone’s day.
– Make your technician a goodie bag of things they could use throughout their workday, whether it be a water bottle, sunglasses, or some on-the-go snacks.
– Recommend your HVAC tech or company to your friends and family. Everyone loves new business.
– Post about National HVAC Tech Day on your social media to let your followers know how much you appreciate your tech and to encourage them to recognize their technicians as well.
Courtesy of HVAC Tech Day